Tuesday, September 2, 2008
My little girl
Each night Payton asks me to sleep with her. Some nights I tell her no, that I have chores to do and I will check on her later. Most nights I oblige and snuggle up next to her in her twin bed. She tells me about her day, we tell stories, or we just act silly. Tonight was one of those nights. I tried to tell her I had chores, but as she grabbed my arm and pleaded with me to lay with her I couldn't resist. I try to remember she won't be my little girl for much longer. The dishes can wait, the grocery list can wait, my shower can wait. What can't wait is time. Before I know it she will be asking me to get out of her bed. So I laid there tonight trying to savor the feeling of her next to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment