


I know - it's just play dough. But there are times when I like to toot my own mothering horn if you will. Like the other day when I took Payton to a local moms club event at the pottery place down the street. I was there to meet other moms with children, and Payton got to paint Great Grammi a bird for Christmas. I noticed one mom helping her son paint a Santa bowl (to also be used a gift) - only allowing the appropriate "Santa" colors - even asking each of us exactly what color his gloves were supposed to be. And another mom forbidding her 3 year old to paint the eyes (and other too small parts) of the kitty she picked out, pointing out that they were too small and mommy should do it. And then there was my daughter, happily painting her pirate parrot pink, green and blue - each and every nook and cranny. All the while singing a little song. I would like to think I was instrumental in creating that happy little girl.
So on to the playdough. I broke it out this afternoon for the kids. Payton put her artist hat on and created a pizza and a carrot. While brother, well I just tried to keep it out of his mouth! Ya gotta start somewhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment