I am reading the book "being a Great Mom raising Great Kids" by Sharon Jaynes. I absolutely love it. My good friend Ashley Maple read a passage once during a MOPS meeting. So I bought the book about a year (i think?) ago and am finally getting down to reading it. It is truly inspiring, and at times convicting. It gives me that extra encouragement to make it through the challenging days. Here is a poem from a unknown author about the praying mother. I love it!
Some have had kings in their lineage,
Some to whom honor was paid.
I don't have those as my ancestors
But I have a mother who prays.
I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
Oh what a difference it makes for me
I have a mother who prays.
My mother's prayers cannot save me,
Only mine can avail;
But Mother introduced me to someone,
someone who never could fail.
Oh yes, I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
O what a difference it makes for me
I have a mother who prays.
No comments:
Post a Comment