Thursday, September 25, 2008






I have been going through some emotions lately. At first I thought I might have the baby itch. That would be a hard itch to scratch (no need to get into that). As I thought about my situation and my family and whether baby #3 was what I was looking for I realized what I was feeling. I miss MY babies - my two precious babies that aren't so baby anymore. What I am really having a hard time with is letting go, specifically with Payton. I miss that little girl, I remember when it was just the two of us. She was such a nice, sweet, big hearted little girl (she still is). While she has always been on the emotional side she never went through the "terrible twos". Playdates and outings for the most part were always enjoyable. Sending her off to school each morning has been hard. Even harder is listening to her talk about her struggles at school. I don't think she views it as struggling but I do. She told me this morning about getting picked on by the boys, getting called a loser at PE. This is what I am not ready for. I am not ready for her to be bullied, have her heart broken, be called names....the list goes on. I explained to her she is not a loser, God doesn't make losers. And of course called my good friend Jennifer for advice (thanks Jenn!). So begins my quest to instill a sense of confidence, a sense of self and value to my little girl when the world (and some mean boys!) wants to break her down when she has barely begun her journey. I wish so much that her world would be filled with happiness, peace and love and all things pretty her entire life. Unfortunately she has to leave home at some point! So I have begun my next job as a parent - making sure she is armed with God's love and grace (and that she is confident in that fact) so she can conquer the world (or at least the boys at PE!) Go get em!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Those are such precious words, Staci!

We are trying to get pregnant and it is an emotional roller coaster, not to mention frustrating ~ knowing we want to have a child before Tom goes back overseas in 2010.

Your words and how you look at life, yourself and through your child's eyes, makes me want children even more!

But until then, I'll continue to live vicariously through your blog!