We have had a busy 2 days at the Perkins house! Wyatt started school on Tuesday at Dehesa Charter Montessori Learning Center. Here he is before school letting me get some pictures. This is how six year olds hold their backpack he told me. He was ready for kindergarten!
He wouldn't pose for me to get a shot of it on his back - so I snuck one as he was looking across the street for the little girl in his class. Her name is Eden and they have hit it off at school.
The big news this week? As we were dropping Wyatt off for his first day the director of the school said they had a spot for Payton!!!!! After much debate, and some nerves Payton started school at Dehesa today!!!!
She had a great first day! And even asked to get there extra early tomorrow so she could play on the playground. This really is an answered prayer. Both kids will go Monday thru Thursday giving us Fridays off to do all the fun stuff in and around San Diego, while avoiding the weekend crowds. I absolutely love this school. It's very small - only about 100 children attend. Wyatt has 24 children in his class and Payton has 26. They both have 2 teachers! I love the Montessori philosophy as well, no teaching to the test there. I am so excited and it could not have come at a better time. With Mike deploying I was going to have my hands full with homeschooling. I will miss my girl being home with me but I know this is the right place for her now. I am feeling very blessed and thankful for all God is providing us.
No comments:
Post a Comment