Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beach Day

 Today was beach day for Payton's last day of school. We met her classmates at La Jolla. I was skeptical since the forecast was cloudy and cold. Didn't matter - the kids had a blast. Their first stop was a giant hill of sand. I am thankful they walked away unscathed.....

 And much to my surprise they both ventured in the water. The freezing water. As I watched them run around and play race with the waves I found myself wondering at what age does cold water become a factor? No way was I going in but my 2, and every other kid at that beach didn't seem bothered in the least. Oh to be young again..............


 This is how I was dressed for the beach! T-shirt, light weight sweater and a fleece jacket. These Cali beaches are a far cry from the warmth and sun of Pensacola!
On our way back to the car we stopped at this super cool tree. I couldn't resist taking a picture and the kids couldn't resist trying to climb all over it. All in all a good day.

No comments: