Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happiness

Today was an awesome day. Yesterday was exhausting but today was wonderful. None of us got up before 730, a miracle in this house. Not only did I actually attend church service today (as opposed to helping with the kiddos) but a good friend came to visit. Hearing news that Mike was stuck in Key West was a bummer BUT my kids had the best afternoon in, well, maybe ever. We went to Walmart with little to no drama. Arrived home, had a very late lunch with little drama. Made cookies, all of us. Had a tea party, all of us. My almost all the time bickering children DANCED AND PLAYED TOGETHER FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME. This is big people! Payton actually requested to shower with her brother. What? They showered, with NO fighting. They ate dinner and watched a movie, with NO fighting. Wyatt fell asleep at 630 on the couch. The rest of the evening was spent cleaning, chatting with my daughter, taking a lovely shower and looking forward to a quiet evening. Thank you God for this day. I have been so very low on patience and so very frustrated with my children as it seems they spend their waking hours fighting with each other that today was just what I needed to be reminded how much I love being a Mom. How blessed I truly am. So no pictures. I just reveled in the happiness of what was the day.

No comments: