Anyone who has been in my house with both my children for any amount of time know that peaceful play between them is hard to come by. Mainly because I have a 2 year old little boy who doesn't know how to play with his sister without pushing, screaming or chasing her around. And his antics don't exactly create an incentive for her to initiate play with him. So you can imagine the frustration I feel daily as I am constantly telling him to get off her and her to stop screaming so loudly. Most days I swear I can't even pee in peace! Wyatt on his own is a handful to handle. He is definately without a doubt in the middle of the terrible twos. His favorite thing to do (aside from not listening to me) is to yell "no" to just about everything I say. Leads to quite a bit of time in the naughty corner. So you can imagine and appreciate my joy when Payton asked to spider swing with her brother. Took a little coaxing on Y's part but he finally agreed and ended up loving it. They even continued swinging as I sprinted to the house to grab the camera (I had to capture this moment of togetherness). And the peaceful play actually continued for a bit - long enough to make a quick call to my Grammi while throwing dinner together. Then it was back to reality with a scream of "Mom! brother is pouring sand all over!" Oh well, I knew it couldn't last. But how nice it was while it did!Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Peaceful Play
Anyone who has been in my house with both my children for any amount of time know that peaceful play between them is hard to come by. Mainly because I have a 2 year old little boy who doesn't know how to play with his sister without pushing, screaming or chasing her around. And his antics don't exactly create an incentive for her to initiate play with him. So you can imagine the frustration I feel daily as I am constantly telling him to get off her and her to stop screaming so loudly. Most days I swear I can't even pee in peace! Wyatt on his own is a handful to handle. He is definately without a doubt in the middle of the terrible twos. His favorite thing to do (aside from not listening to me) is to yell "no" to just about everything I say. Leads to quite a bit of time in the naughty corner. So you can imagine and appreciate my joy when Payton asked to spider swing with her brother. Took a little coaxing on Y's part but he finally agreed and ended up loving it. They even continued swinging as I sprinted to the house to grab the camera (I had to capture this moment of togetherness). And the peaceful play actually continued for a bit - long enough to make a quick call to my Grammi while throwing dinner together. Then it was back to reality with a scream of "Mom! brother is pouring sand all over!" Oh well, I knew it couldn't last. But how nice it was while it did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment