
This morning we started our homeschooling adventure. We went slow. Slow for the overwhelmed Mama and slow for the apprehensive little girl. I have only scratched the surface of the provided curriculum. I decided to start with Math, Spelling and Science. I have discovered though the beginning of each subject seems to be review. This is good and works well with my go slow philosophy. There were some tears, moments of doubt, moments of questioning but there was also a sense of peace and purpose. I am already enjoying being involved in every aspect of her learning, even when the tears come. Maybe especially when the tears come since I am there to reassure her and wipe them away. So I think after day one I can say I am satisfied at what was accomplished and we are off to a good start.

The other blessing is that I am forced to prepare something quiet for my not so quiet little boy to do. He will eventually be in preschool 4 mornings a week allowing me quality instruction time with Payton. But for the next 2 weeks he is here - sometimes following directions, sitting quietly while other times well....let's just stay positive!
No comments:
Post a Comment