Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day Two

Day two was long. To be fair we had a lot of stuff going on. Goodwill came, my van was delivered with new brakes, brother isn't in preschool yet. Payton shared she "hates math" through some tears. I viewed the tears as a blessing. I was there to reassure her it was ok. I realized she just needs to brush up on some basic skills and get some confidence. This Mom had no idea the anxiety that is associated with the subject - since she has received A's the past 3 years. I think that is a benefit of homeschooling - I get to know immediately when she isn't catching on. So - we went slow again. There were breaks, there were drawings of Mom? I see no resemblance! This made her laugh.
We also took the afternoon and went on our first field trip. To the San Diego Natural History Museum. It's late and I am tired so I will post those pictures tomorrow. And I did have Payton write about her experience at the museum in her Field Trip journal. See - I'm catching on already!
I will say it was so nice to come to this place, in the middle of the day and actually enjoy it without crowds of people. Now I better get to bed - Day Three awaits!

No comments: