Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our newest additions

Payton has been begging for what seems like months now for a pet worm - thank you Curious George. Well I finally relented yesterday after a good rain. So off we went with a glad container and a shovel but alas, no worms were to be found. So again this morning before school....to no avail. Just in case Daddy brought the container along on the walk to school. He came home with slugs.....yes, slugs. Every fiber in my being wanted to throw them away but I know my daughter. So I indulged her when she got home this afternoon.

She was so excited to create a "habitat" for her new pets. A little dirt, water and leaves along with some flowering weeds for them to eat.


She is quite proud of herself and would not stop hovering over them. I drew the line at letting them come in. If I hadn't she would be sleeping with them right now.....


1 comment:

Joyfulness said...

Fun! My kids love bugs around here too. I'm getting better with not freaking out. But, yes, bringing them indoors is too freaky!