I have found since started this blog that it has become somewhat therapeutic for me. It allows me to focus on the joys of the day. I'll be taking pictures and thinking up post titles during my day. Today did not start out as one of those days. Wyatt woke up cranky and was pretty much Jeckyl and Hyde all day. Those of you that know what a moody one year old is like will sympathize. I was too tired last night (after a very nice get together with friends) to make my grocery list - so my Monday morning shopping trip turned into just getting the essentials to last us a few more days (until I can muster up the energy to make that list). Mike was home due to the Columbus Day holiday (Payti still had school, go figure?). I love my husband don't get me wrong but it throws me for a loop sometimes when he is home on a weekday. I think it is a combo of my needing to plan for things like that and being a Marine Corps wife we are so used to being alone that it takes some getting used to when we're not. So it was just an off kinda day. So I thought I would share that part of my day. So often we candy coat our lives so that others think we are all sunshine all the time. Everyone has there days where there are more clouds than sun.
My day did turn around after pick-up when we brought the kids to the park and I had my camera in tow. Things always seem better through my camera lens. I am finding it so much fun figuring out the workings of my camera. I have no idea how the pictures turned out - that will have to be another day. Once home it was more playing outside for the kids while I made banana bread, dinner and then slowly worked on bedtime. Still had a grumpy baby. Payton hid her brothers toothpaste then lied about it (so something I would have done growing up)
Tomorrow night I am headed to starbucks for some coffee and adult conversation. Maybe upon my return I can create some sunshine.
No comments:
Post a Comment