I am cleaning out my clutter around my computer today and came across something I had printed out with the intention to share. I am finally reading the emails I get from MOPS International and have found them uplifting and encouraging. Should have made the time earlier! So here is a little snippet of something from MOPS :
Motherhood is hard. It takes resources, strength, time and commitment I never thought I could summon. And then, when I've lost it and just can't take another whine, another "Mom, can you...," I remind myself that motherhood is my job right now. I am a mom. While I hold many subtitles: personal shopper, dietician, chef, maid, chauffer; first and foremost, I am a mom. And I am proud to be a mom. Sometimes I have to say it out loud, "this is my job!" When I embrace the fact that motherhood requires my involvement - that I cannot parent from the couch or the computer chair - I am much better at it.
Then I fold the laundry and put it away without issue. I make a shopping list and plan meals with diligence. I take the time to read books aloud. I submerge myself into the catching of fireflies and overflowing bathtubs and truly enjoy my job. I am a mom! It's important work.
Let me end with a plug for MOPS. I LOVE this group. I joined 5 years ago (wow!) and it has been my saving grace. I have met the best women and have truly grown as a woman and mom. Check out www.mops.org where you can find a group in your area.
No comments:
Post a Comment