I have fallen off the blogging wagon again. I could use the excuse things have been busy, and it would be true. I think it's more about struggling with moments and expectations for the moments. Like this one.

Our sunflowers have really taken off. Well, they did anyway until the rain and wind beat them down. Yesterday I called Payton out to take a picture to show how tall they were. Wyatt ran over and wanted to be a part of the picture too.

He gave his sister a sweet hug and smiled for the camera. Sister did not. Instead she kind of nudged at her brother as if to say go away....and then she really did say get off of me.

Try as I might I could only get this little half grin out of her. So my expectations for this moment were well a little high to say the least. I'm trying to be realistic and not get frustrated. After all it's not the moment I expected but it is one nonetheless, and it's ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment