Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Baking

Ok - I know I am ridiculously late in holiday posts, but probably like the rest of you I am just now sitting down to actually look at the hundreds of pictures I took. All that family togetherness left little time for anything else. Which is definately how the holidays should be. So be patient with me, as I spend probably the next week sharing my favorite Christmas moments from 2008. One of them is the tradition of baking sugar cookies for Santa (and yours truly - mom and I love em thin and brown with lots of icing!) This year was doubly fun because Y got to participate. Mind you, we did the full batch while he napped. We saved a little ball of dough for our boy. He loved it!
What was great is that he didn't realize that he could eat the frosting. I remember Paytons first experience - she immediately licked the frosting and it was over after that! He was just happy creating.
He could have played with that dough for hours! He really enjoyed using the cutters and placing the cookies on the pan. I have a future baker on my hands!

Payton's turn
She insisted on wearing her "caroling" dress to bake the cookies, promising me that she wouldn't get it dirty. Well we ended up not caroling (her idea to go, her idea to cancel) and she did in fact flour up her dress. Makes for the cutest picture though, and of course it washed right out.



This year Payton meticulously placed the cutters to cover the entire space. My mom would say she has good spacial something.....



This is my favorite holiday tradition. I bet it is one of my moms too. The kids get to do something my mom did with me. I love the holidays....


No comments: